Monday, June 30, 2014

Farewell to Chi-Chi

Last night our family lost a very precious, beloved friend.


Chi-Chi was more than a pet in the Keenan family. Here is a blog entry that I wrote about her back in 2010. 

I don't have anything poetic or fancy to say, only what it upon my broken heart. I'm going to truly miss this beautiful and brave little girl who gave our family 17 years of love and happiness. Chihuahuas live many years, yet somehow they all went so fast. It's so hard to see her bed, now so lonely and empty, and her collar, which is on my baker's rack upstairs to remind me of my little companion who kept me company through so many stories that I wrote, both in my office upstairs and in the dining room back in Union City. She was always content just to curl up at my feet, ready to leave the office only when I did.

She loved the kids and the grandkids and filled our lives with fun, love and memories.

This poem says more about our beloved Chi-Chi right now than I can say in my grief.


He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours,
faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him
to be worthy of such devotion.  -- Unknown

Chi-Chi Margarita Keenan


1 comment: