Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My New Venture

Greetings from my little corner of the world!

Well, this is just one of those ventures that I've wanted to take for a while now and just recently stepped out on faith and bought some materials. It was either this or learn how to play the violin. Since you can stay home and string a bracelet in your PJs, that passion won out--yay! But seriously, in the past I've made jewelry for myself, though I've also flirted with the idea of designing and selling handmade bracelets, necklaces, and maybe even earrings.

So here are a couple of my first attempts. Above is a stretchy beaded bracelet (I love the tiny blue glass bead accents) and, to the right, a very Bohemian pendant on a simple leather cord necklace. Don't know how far I'll go with this, but it's amazing how adventurous you can be at this age. LOL!

I happened to find this quote on a calendar which gave me encouragement, and which I also shared in a text with our kids. You might want to have it on hand when going for your own new ventures. It's a keeper.

"Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try." -- Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment