Monday, November 11, 2013

Word Count Challenge Time



Chugging right along...
4,000 words!

That's been my goal today on this, my day off from my day job. I know that's probably loose change to those authors who write full-time for a living, but for me, who writes 2,000 words (on a good day) and 1,000 (on a bad day), it's double the usual amount.

Considering I broke up the time with bowling, because the hubby and I needed to post-bowl with one of our teammates today, I'm happy to say that I'm only 1,500 words shy of that goal right now. I even filled my meditative fountain, which I haven't used in months. Naturally, what writer can compose without caffeine? (Rhetorical question for all you caffeine-abstainers!) So I had an extra cup of coffee AND broke my soda rule with a Diet Pepsi.

My little office fountain
With a couple of hours to go before dinner, I hope to make that goal and finish out this segment of ONE SWEET DAY. This book has an unusual format, with the story stretching out over nearly 40 years in the lives of the main characters. Did I mention that none of them are acquainted with each other? Characters spread out across the U.S. map, too, with some living in New Jersey...some in North Carolina...some in California...and some in Montana.

Intrigued? I hope so! For now, for me, it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment