Monday, March 22, 2010

While You Were Away

Remember those little pink pads with those words at the top of the sheet? WHILE YOU WERE AWAY, so & so called, etc. Does anybody still use those? It's been some time since I've been a secretary; my "civilian" job is as a medical records clerk, so I haven't gotten to use those WHILE YOU WERE AWAY thingies.

In any event, that should be WHILE I WAS AWAY because I've been AWOL from this blog for almost a couple months. Since I last wrote I finished a short novel, shipped it out for a publisher's review, started a new novela, and started...belly dancing classes! Whenever I can get my hip scarf away from my granddaughter Aubrey--she loves that thing, even thought it goes around her tiny hips about 7 times, I think--I zip off to class. So far I'm still a beginner, but it's fun!

More recently, my husband threw me a surprise 50th birthday party, and the weather complied with a gorgeous, sunny, blue sky. (Hey, it isn't every day a girl gets to turn half a century old. For the occasion, my best friend treated me to a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. Only a GREAT friend would dream up that one, y'all!)

It's been a crazy weekend but I've got to get back to work on this new WIP. As for the other work, it's great to have something out making the rounds again. I don't know if it's my age or the spring slowly rolling around again, and I find the spring to be very inspiring, creatively speaking, but I've had something of a reawakening. Lately, each day I look forward to stealing away enough time to get at least 500 words done.

And of course, stealing an hour on Wednesday for some belly dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment