Monday, October 31, 2016

TGIM Reflection 10/31/2016

Good morning, visitors! And welcome to a new feature on my blog, called the TGIM Reflection.

TGIM, as in THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY. This came about because I began to notice that during my prayers at the start of the week, I'd say something to the Lord like, "Well, I thank You for this day, even if it is a Monday, Jesus." LOL!

You ever do that? I kinda stopped myself (at last!) and prayed, "That's silly of me, because You made this day, too, just like You made the rest of the week."

This is the day that the Lord has made--let us rejoice and be glad in it!

To be honest, rejoicing over Monday didn't happen overnight, and I still have to remind myself. But I now find myself looking at poor, little Monday, the day everybody dreads and even hates, with new eyes, and treating it more gently. Best of all, it is the start of a whole new week, and it brings with it all new adventures, all new memories to be made, all new opportunities.

So for today, our first TGIM reflection, remember that while you're having that first cup of coffee of the day--well, of the week--that no matter what is going on in your little corner of the world, there is nothing that will happen today that you and Jesus can't handle together.

"With God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Enjoy your Monday! TGIM!




No comments:

Post a Comment