Sunday, March 24, 2013

Writers Write & New Cover

What's that they used to say about women? That it's our prerogative to change our minds?

Well, I'm taking advantage of that privilege! Here's my new cover for my new title, FOREVER IN MY HEART, which has definitely been pushed back to an April 2013 release, my first book of the year. More info to follow very shortly.

PLUS a tease for my summer book, which may be on its way to your Nook and Kindle by June!

And I know it's been a while since my last post, but FOREVER IN MY HEART has been my priority, writing-wise. Since it's the final book in The Larkspur Valley Series, I'm devoting my time to crafting and polishing it. We writers spend so much time promoting--tweeting, Facebooking, blogging, and all that other good stuff. In a matter of the last decade or so, things have gotten so high tech. An author can do most of their promotion while wearing their PJs, as my granddaughter calls them, and their feet up on the living room coffee table. Amazing.

At the end of the day, though, we're writers. We write. Our stories, our characters, our craft comes first. There has to be a book for there to be promotion, and the focus has to be on writing a book that speaks to the reader and is worth their time in reading it. A book that brings the reader pleasure and, in the case of an inspirational book, touches their hearts.

So you like the new cover? I'd love to share a little bit about the summer beach read, but...nah! Better to leave a little suspense!


No comments:

Post a Comment