Saturday, February 14, 2015

Baking, Walking & Writing

What a lazy Saturday this has been! Actually, not in the Keenan household, where this has been a pretty productive Valentine's Day.

While my husband worked with our good friends and neighbors on a project, I got busy in the kitchen for a good slice of the day. There's something about baking that relaxes me, but it's more than that. This past year, whenever possible, I've tried to cut out *some* of the processed foods we eat...and that includes breads. Now I'm not saying we never eat store-bought bread, because we still do, but more and more I've taken to making homemade bread. This was a recipe that I found on Pinterest, and it's amazingly light and delicious! You can find it here if you'd like to try it.


Incidentally, my decision to do that (cook and bake from scratch more often, as well as incorporate more whole foods into our daily diet) began some time ago, but over the past several months I've been adhering to it more and more.

Anyway, not content to whip up just one loaf, I also made this quick bread, which is a cinnamon raisin bread that I found on YouTube. It's easy and yummy, perfect for breakfast or a snack--and it was fun to make, too.


Since the weather warmed up here in North Carolina, and I also needed to get out of the house for a bit, I invited my walking buddy (our Chorkie, Lassie) to join me on the greenway, where we completed the 5-mile walk together. As did other hearty souls, because there were quite a few people out there in this weather! Listen, you wear layers, good walking shoes, and move at a brisk pace, you'll be like Elsa in Frozen! ("The cold never bothered me anyway...")

Then I came home to find this beautiful arrangement from my busy and lovable Valentine of 32 years, my husband Bill. This sunny arrangement was designed especially for me by my talented neighbor, Vickey, for whom flowers are a great passion!



Now I'm fixing dinner for my hubby, blogging and listening to relaxing music, and later I'll be writing, working on one of two WIPs that I'm doing intermittently. Later as in, after relaxing with my valentine! It's been a great Saturday.

May your day be as relaxing, productive, and joyful.

"There is nothing like staying home for real comfort." - JANE AUSTIN



No comments:

Post a Comment