Wednesday, April 15, 2020

How to Make Laundry Detergent

Hello, there!

If you came from my YouTube channel, I'm slightly late in putting this up. Anyways, here it is for easy reference--my (or rather, my friend Mary's) recipe for dry laundry detergent:


LAUNDRY DETERGENT

Ingredients:

1 Full bar of Fels-Naphtha (or any laundry-style soap, or a regular bar of bath soap)
1 Cup of Borax
1 Cup of Washing Soda

Directions:

1. Add Borax and washing soda to container that you'll use EXCLUSIVELY for detergent.

2. Grate soap with grater that you'll use EXCLUSIVELY for this task into the powder mixture.

3. Mix well using a scoop.

Notes:

Let's see...what else can I add to this? It's pretty easy, keeps well, and does a great job! All ingredients, of course, are shelf-stable.

I use a child's shovel from a little sand pail for kids that I picked up in the dollar store. Hey, it works! :D

Last but not least, as I mention in my video, you can add a few drops of essential oil to the Rinse cycle so that you'll have a nice lemon/lavender/frankincense/whatever-you-add scent to your clothes and/or linens.

And if you need it for reference, here's a link to my video below:



https://youtu.be/9EPTfhqHtJg

See you next time!

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment